The temperatures drop, the wind blows, the snow falls and your skin takes a beating. Dry, itchy, chapped, cracked, are just a few adjectives used to describe winter skin, but with just a few steps, you’ll be able to beat that winter chap and restore the moisture and lively glow to your skin.
1. Moisturize your body from within, along with any skin care regimen, it is important to keep your body hydrated, drinking the recommended amount of water per day will help your overall body health.
2. Exfoliate! The body has a process of its own to dispose of dead/old skin cells, but as you get older or with different skin conditions the process can be slowed down a bit. Leaving your skins appearance looking dull and dry on the skins surface. However, using gentle scrubs that are packed with natural good for your skin ingredients such as our Splendor of Grapefruit, the granular texture of sugar will help to remove dirt and toxins from the skin’s outer layer, gently exfoliating dead cells while the jojoba oil will work to replenish the skin of its lost moisture. Mainely Cole’s has a great assortment of both Sugar and Dead Sea Salt Scrubs to help aid any skin care regimen.
3. Moisturize your skin. When your skin is parched, one of the best ways to quench its thirst is to moisturize. Look for lotions or body butters which contain products like glycerin which help skin lock in the moisture and smoothing out the skin like our Kelsey’s Lavender Lotion or Sister’s Body Butter. These also contain a variety of natural oils that will provide a protective layer to skin and maintain moisture.
4. Protect your skin while battling winter weather. Wear gloves, apply sunscreen, and use some form of lip balm or a Nourishing Lip Creme on your lips to protect from chapping.
5. Try to avoid extremely hot showers and use natural soaps that contain moisturizing ingredients while bathing. Be sure to avoid soaps that contain harsh chemicals that can dry out your skin even more.
Do you have any helpful Winter skin care tips?